Thirty-two Weeks

Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Whew, what a week! We started off in Clifton on Saturday morning and drove to Nashville for our last baby class - Infant Care. Mike learned how to change a diaper, clean the umbilical cord/belly button, and was practically a professional swaddler. He was very proud of his ability to wrap the baby doll (which he nicknamed Lil' Doug) into a little burrito. We'll see how well he does with a live infant, but I think he's going to be okay!

We left Nashville and made our way across Tennessee and into Virginia, stopping in Fairfax to meet up with my mom at the Mason Inn. We spent Sunday morning with her at our favorite breakfast spot, Eggspectations, and drove past all our old hangouts. We were pretty lazy in the afternoon and then went to the movie theater near our former apartment to see the Hunger Games! After that we got some pizza and crashed in the hotel while watching football. 
Monday we ventured to Fairfax City Hall, where Mike surprised his former co-workers with a visit. It was so great to see everyone and catch up on the last year and a half. Many of them still remember him as the intern that proposed to his wife in the amphitheater (still so cute) and they were all so happy for his new life here in Clifton. After stopping for lunch, we drove my familiar route to Chevy Chase, where we parked the car and took the old Metro downtown for a walk down memory lane. 

 

We plodded walked around near the Capitol for a couple hours and then headed back up to my old office. I love that office, all the people in it and the work that they do, so it was amazing to see them. Mike looked at me after we left and said "If we never left, you'd still be working there wouldn't you?" and I almost cried because it's totally true. We grabbed dinner and then drove up to my parents house in Perkasie where we zonked out. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty lazy, the weather was wintry and chilly (way colder than TN!) so we stayed in, I worked a bit and just hung out. On Thursday we drove up to Granma's house for Thanksgiving, where I stuffed my face with every type of food you can imagine. Friday we visited my Grandpa at his new house and were surprised by a visit from my cousin Kelly, who lives in Florida! We spent some time catching up with Grandpa and Barbara before heading over to Grammie's house, where Mom and Megan were going to host my baby shower on Saturday! That's all I'll tell you about the shower, there will be a separate post on that once I get some photos from Kelly.

We headed back to Perkasie on Saturday night after the shower and then took off early Sunday morning for the loooong drive back to Clifton. Mike was a saint, he let me sleep practically the entire drive. We got back home on Sunday night, unpacked the car and crashed. It was a whirlwind week of traveling but it was worth every car ride to see everyone again. It's weird to think that the next time we see any of them, McBaby will be here! 

Here's the update for this week - McBaby definitely had a growth spurt because I'm officially enormous. 

How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I'm pretty sure I'm back over the hump (pun intended). I pigged out this week.
Maternity clothes? Well, in this picture, it's just the shirt - I'm trying to stretch my wardrobe these last few weeks so I don't have to buy anymore clothes!
Best moment this week: Too many! Thanksgiving with the family, my wonderful baby shower... I am a lucky girl.
Worst Symptom this Week: Back pain from being in the car for so many hours, but nothing too miserable
Buy anything for the nursery? I certainly didn't, but McBaby quadrupled her wardrobe, started her own library and became the Most Spoiled Baby Ever at the shower.
Miss Anything? I missed my bed at home so much this week. I've slept so well the past couple of days!
Movement: She was such a punk this week - everytime someone tried to feel her moving, she would stop. Now that her little growth spurt is over, she's rocking and rolling again!
Baby is the size of a: Squash
Food cravings: Nothing in particular. My stomach (and the rest of my organs) are so smushed right now that I don't think I'll crave anything again until she's born!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
How pregnant do you feel right now? Um, I'm huge. Like, the belly runs into everything, I need help to get off the couch or any other soft surfaces, and I got my first stretch mark this week *insert sobbing face*
Predictions for Baby's attributes: Sassy attitude. We are truly in for it.
Belly Button in or out? OMG it's finally completely flat. So. Weird.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm on cloud nine. I am so happy and completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, excitement and generosity from our family and friends over this baby. I am so happy and proud that this little girl will grow up with such a supportive group of people that genuinely care and want the best for her. (cue pregnant mama tears)
Looking forward to: Getting our Christmas tree! I've already decorated most of our space (photos to come) but I'm so excited about our first real tree.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top