Thirty-five Weeks

Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! Being this pregnant at Christmas is pretty bittersweet, I love being able to stay home to relax and not worry about traveling, but I really miss being home. I can't believe it, but at 26 years old, this will be my first Christmas away from my parents and next year will be our first Christmas as parents ourselves. I can't wait for McBaby to experience the traditions, wonder and joy of the holiday that my parents provided to us at Christmas... *sniff sniff*


Note, my Christmas outfit... I've been dressing both festively and creatively this week in the spirit of the season!


How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Remember how last week I thought I gained 8lbs? Yeah, it was only 2.5lbs. I think I'm officially at +5 with only 5 weeks left!
Maternity clothes? Even some of my maternity shirts are starting to get too short... as evidenced in this photo - sigh.
Best moment this week: Organized McBaby's closet and it's officially finished!
Worst Symptom this Week: My poor feet/ankles have begun to swell, but not too much.
Buy anything for the nursery? I bought a few cloth bins as part of my organization effort. Of course, they're purple ;)
Miss Anything? Being home for Christmas. Pregnancy-wise, WINE!
Movement: So much! Her little bum wiggles around and she'll shift from side-to-side and it's like an earthquake in my belly. Big movements are the craziest feeling in the world.
Baby is the size of a: A coconut. She's as big as a COCONUT.
Food cravings: None this week - but I've been stuffing my face with Christmas treats, so there's no room in my tiny stomach cavity for real food.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
How pregnant do you feel right now? I'm huge and I know it. People are starting to ask me if I've had the baby yet. (Obviously not, I'm still enormously pregnant *facepalm*)
How close are you to labor? Well, I got checked on Wednesday and I'm "softening" but still closed up. So, no baby in the foreseeable future! (Is this question TMI? Because people ask me this all the time. Let me know!)
Belly Button in or out? Half out, half in. McBaby had a growth spurt and it took my skin a minute to catch up so for a few days my poor belly button was stretched and in pain. So weird!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and excited - the impending arrival of this baby is starting to become more and more real.
Looking forward to: Christmas morning with Mike and our wedding anniversary next week. Long-term: I really can't wait to meet this little nugget and snuggle with her 24/7. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top