Thirty-six Weeks & 2 Year Anniversary

Tuesday, December 31, 2013
"I take you to be my spouse, my friend, my love, and my lifelong companion. To share my life with yours. To build our dreams together, to support you through times of trouble and rejoice with you in times of happiness. To treat you with respect, love and loyalty through all the trials and triumphs of our lives together, and to give you all the love I can give my whole life long."


Two years ago today I was reciting those words to my best friend, officially marking the start of our married lives. Two years later, I can't believe we're now preparing to expand our little family and welcome this new addition! Mike and I talked for years about wanting to have children when the time was right and I can't believe that day is almost here.

I always get a little sappy on our anniversary and look back at our lives together and how far we've come. Our relationship has endured so many challenges and triumphs that it seems like we have been at each other's side for decades! We've been through some especially crazy things this past year, but our commitment to each other and to providing the best life possible for our sweet little girl has kept us grounded, united and ready to face the many years to come.

 
             Then: Turkey 2008 (Look at how skinny we were! hahaha)                       Now: Expecting McBaby 2014                                                 

For now, here's my 36 week update. I cannot believe we only have 4 more weeks until this little lady makes her appearance (although, this update is being published on the day that I turn 37 weeks - so technically we only have 3 more weeks left! Ahhh!)

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Gah, I forgot to weigh myself this morning! I'll update with my weight after my appointment on Thursday. Regardless, I think I've put on maybe 1-2lbs.
Maternity clothes? I'm just squeezing into the stretchiest clothes that I own. This belly is getting biiiig!
Best moment this week: Celebrating our wedding anniversary!
Worst Symptom this Week: Increased pressure from her head being so low! It makes walking pretty hard, so I basically just waddle around like an overweight penguin.
Buy anything for the nursery? We got the Snugabunny swing and I am dying to see little McBaby in it. It's so cute and has these pretty little birdies for her to look at while she sways - hopefully she doesn't hate it. I also may or may not be planning to convince Mike to rearrange the living room furniture so it can be in a convenient spot.
Miss Anything? Having control of the muscles in my abdomen. Letsbehonest I didn't exactly have a strong core before this baby, but at least I could lift my legs onto the coffee table without having to pick them up.
Movement: She's all over the place! She has especially loved early morning poking games with Daddy - she will wiggle or poke him with her foot and then run away before coming back to do it again. He gets a kick out of it too! (no pun intended haha)
Baby is the size of a: A honeydew melon! Average weight for a baby this far along is between 4.5 and 5.5lbs... I'm hoping she's somewhere in the middle!
Food cravings: None... Our Christmas feast alone has kept me full for the whole week! We had a homemade bourbon glazed spiral ham, homemade cheddar mashed potatoes, Red Lobster biscuits and veggies. It was faaaantastic.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sometimes if I eat too much, McBaby starts to wiggle around a lot it makes me a little nauseous.
How pregnant do you feel right now? PDP. Pretty. Damn. Pregnant.
How close are you to labor? I'm interested to see if I've dilated at all since my last appointment (2 weeks ago!) Check back next week, I'll know more after Thursday!
Belly Button in or out? It's like a donut - the edges are raised enough that you can see it through a tank top, but the middle is still technically in.
Happy or Moody most of the time: WE are so happy! We've also been sleeping a lot, so we are also very well rested haha.
Looking forward to: January. It seemed so far away back in May when we found out we were pregnant and now it's literally around the corner. I fully expect to feel like the next few weeks are both dragging and flying by because I am so excited to finally see her beautiful little face. In the meantime, I'll enjoy 3 hour afternoon naps on the weekends and 8-10 hour nights of sleep!

You stay cooking as long as you need to, little McBaby. Mama is resting up for your imminent arrival.


I felt like my sweater was making the bump look smaller than it actually is, so here's another one
I don't want to fool anyone into thinking I'm not actually turning into a house.


Also, here's me on Christmas showing off my new trick. I call it "The Belly Shelf"
(Please excuse my gross face/hair. We stayed in our jammies ALL DAY)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top