Twenty-six weeks

Tuesday, October 22, 2013
It's that time of the week again, folks! Week 26 was a turning point, I think, she's getting big enough to start getting in the way of my stomach and she thoroughly enjoys playing soccer with my bladder. It's both weird and exciting to watch my belly move on it's own! The picture is from today, so technically I'm at 27 weeks in it, but I'll take another 27-weeker this weekend for my next update. Have I said that before?



How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Went to the doctor this week and I *think* I'm only at -1lb now. Hold onto your hats, its going to be in the positives for the next few weeks!
Maternity clothes? My new uniform is leggings paired with long shirts, a skinny belt and a long sweater.
Best moment this week: Seeing my mommy in Nashville this weekend and having an awesome dinner/movie date with Mike at Opryland :)
Worst Symptom this Week: Heartburn - holy cow! I eat and then 10 minutes later she's banging on my stomach like, "excuse me, you're encroaching on my space."
Buy anything for the nursery? No purchases this week (our bank account is so proud). Oh wait, I did have to buy more hangers... the 50 I started with are already in use *hangs head in shame*
Miss Anything? Wine. Mike had a Pinot Noir and some Port on our special dinner date and I sniffed the glass a few times before drowning my sorrows in some lemon cheesecake.
Movement: Funny story - on Sunday night the smoke detector in her room started beeping every 2 minutes because the battery was running low. At 4:30 in the morning. Every time the thing beeped, McBaby would kick me! It was so funny! Needless to say, we changed the battery because it was driving all 3 of us nuts.
Baby is the size of a: Head of lettuce (?)
Food cravings: Pineapples... finally craving something healthy haha
Anything making you queasy or sick: All of a sudden, the string cheese I've been eating on the daily for the last 26 weeks has started to taste funny. I know it's not bad (checked the dates) and it's the exact same kind I've been buying forever. I hope it doesn't continue, because mama needs her string cheese!
How pregnant do you feel right now? I'm still in the "cute bump" phase I think, but it's quickly turning into a "whoa, when are you due" bump.
Predictions for Baby's attributes: She will probably be the cutest baby that was ever born. Just a prediction.
Bump Nickname: McBaby! Still working on that middle name though - she may just be like Cher and go by one name only...
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but whoa baby it's getting so shallow. Weirdest part about pregnancy - hands. down.
Happy or Moody most of the time: So unbelievably happy. Also very tired.
Looking forward to: Well, it's almost the end of October (what!?) and I'm starting to really look forward to seeing the whole family at Thanksgiving. Mike and I are planning one hell of a road trip, so I'm pretty sure we'll hit almost every Murphy this side of the Mississippi. Can't wait!

Also, here's Little McBaby at our 26-week ultrasound. She was much more cooperative this time around (no hands over her face) and she weighed in at 2lbs 1oz. My little nugget is getting so big already!


For those of you who just see a big white/gray blob - her little head 
is to the left and her nose is sticking out in the middle of the photo. She
may or may not be blowing a little bubble out of her mouth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top