Twenty-three Weeks

Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Whoa, baby, where did this week go? Seriously, if time is going to go by this fast, I don't know what I'm going to do when this baby is born. She's already growing up too fast!

So this week we're at 23 weeks, one more week left until point-of-viability, which means that if for some (very unexpected) reason I go into labor next week, she has a better chance of pulling through. I know it's a bit morbid to celebrate the point-of-viability milestone, but with all the mamas I've seen lose their little ones between 20 and 23 weeks this past month, I find so much solace in knowing the doctors will soon do everything they can to keep our sweet little girl alive if anything happened.

Okay, on to happier things!
How far along? Twenty-three
Total weight gain/loss: I'm still at -8lbs. Yay me?
Maternity clothes? I bought a few more tops and an experimental pair of maternity jeans. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes I'm going to wear for the next 4 months, but I'm loving the pregnancy look, so I want to flaunt this bump as much as possible before I go back to sucking in my gut ;)
Sleep: More please.
Best moment this week: We got to hang out with some of Mike's family this weekend and his aunt bought our little lady a bunch of really cute clothes - Just seeing tiny little clothes makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Worst Symptom this Week: Are stretch marks a symptom? If so, I'm starting to get them (waaah)
Buy anything for the nursery? The glider arrived and I assembled it with only 2 minor (ha, major) meltdowns. That completes all the major furniture purchases for the nursery!


Miss Anything? Wine. The fall air is beginning to arrive in Clifton and reading articles for work about Virginia Wine festivals is killing me. Oh sparkling juice, save me from my misery.
Movement: She's been a bit less active this week because she's going through a growth spurt!
Baby is the size of a: Grapefruit - holy crap, no wonder my belly is getting so big!
Food cravings: Nothing too crazy this week. I've started to up my intake of Cookie Dough ice cream though... watch out, by next week I'll be at -5lbs haha
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week, yay :)
How pregnant do you feel right now? Seriously, I feel amazing. I love the way I look and even the little pains and numerous bathroom breaks don't bother me. Second trimester for the win.
Predictions for Baby's attributes: I'm pretty sure she'll have blue eyes - I mean, look at us.
Bump Nickname: Little Baby Girl
Belly Button in or out? In, but stretching. I have a deep belly button anyway (is that TMI?) so I don't expect it to pop any time soon.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Even with some of the recent worries and stress, I cannot come down from cloud nine. We are just so happy!
Looking forward to: A super busy fall - we have something happening practically every weekend and each time plans change and a Saturday turns up empty, we fill it right back up again. Before I know it, there will be snow on the ground and my feet won't fit in my shoes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top