Twenty-seven weeks

Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Happy Third Trimester to me! Well, actually, it would be more accurate if I called it "Uncomfortable Third Trimester to me" because whoa, things be shifting all over the place in there. I can't eat much without my stomach going crazy and she is just as active as ever in there. It's pretty amazing how different things are this week, I'm starting to feel a bit like this in the mornings when my alarm clock goes off:


Mike and I attended a birthing class at our hospital this past weekend and whoa, things got real. There were a few (ahem) videos that scared the bejeezus out of us and at one point I had to reach over and shut Mike's gaping mouth. All-in-all though it was a great class - we learned a lot and we got to tour the Labor and Delivery part of the hospital. It was recently remodeled and everything looks really nice. Okay, enough about all that, here's the weekly wrap-up.


How far along? 27 weeks - officially in the third trimester!
Total weight gain/loss: Pretty sure I'm at +2 now. I'll weigh myself for real next week!
Maternity clothes? Anything that stretches. It's all about comfort now haha
Best moment this week: I got a prenatal massage in Chattanooga while Mike was doing conference stuff. It. Was. Heavenly.
Worst Symptom this Week: Tiny stomach. I'm hungry but I can't eat a lot, so now I'm nibbling throughout the day like a crazy pregnant bird.
Buy anything for the nursery? I bought containers for her passies and bows (which she is amassing at an alarming rate) and I painted picture frames and created/ordered prints in Photoshop to go into the frames.
Miss Anything? Eating without getting heartburn. I don't like the taste of macaroni and cheese burning my throat at 3am.
Movement: It's all night and all day, I swear. She's crazy.
Baby is the size of a: A rutabaga. And since I don't know what the heck that is, she's also the size of a head of cauliflower.
Food cravings: I made brownies on Sunday and put extra milk chocolate chips in them because they just weren't chocolatey enough on their own *hangs head in shame, waddles to the scale*
Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything. I eat and then 10 minutes later it's churning up inside me and I'm burping uncontrollably. It's quite a sight.
How pregnant do you feel right now? I think we've officially crossed over into the "whoa, pregnant" bump stage.
Predictions for Baby's attributes: If her activity in the womb is any indication, I'm going to have my hands full.
Middle Name Status: Nope, still nothing. Maybe we'll pick it out of a hat as we're signing her birth certificate
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but juuuust barely.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy, but very uncomfortable. I'm happiest when I'm on the couch surrounded by pillows!
Looking forward to: Bedtime.

And here's some more of us on the top of Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga. Mike was attending a conference there this past week and I tagged along.


Oh, look! Mike made an appearance on the blog, haha


McBaby on top of the woooooooorld!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top