Twenty-four Weeks

Wednesday, October 9, 2013
I'm a little late on the post this week but yesterday was super busy! The photo is actually me at exactly 25 weeks, but I'll take another before the 25-week post goes up. Can you believe how big my belly got in one week?! I walked past a mirror at work and literally stopped dead in my tracks like, whoa. Little McBaby is getting bigger and bigger, I can't even believe how fast time is flying by!

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I gained just under 3lbs this week (Whoa!) so I'm officially at -5lbs overall
Maternity clothes? Those experimental maternity jeans? GOLD. I bought them online from Wal-Mart for get this $16 and I'm wearing them in my photo. Winner, winner! I also got a new maternity shirt this week in the mail from Grammie too, which completed the outfit ensemble in this week's photo ;)
Sleep: Getting very uncomfortable now that she's super active... especially at 4:30am
Best moment this week: Mike felt her kick for the first time!! Since then, he's felt her a few more times, she's getting less and less shy about hauling off and kicking him (already taking after her mama)
Worst Symptom this Week: I'm starting to get uncomfortable at night. My hips hurt from sleeping on my side and I wake up with a bit of back pain. Nothing I can't handle for right now, but I know it's going to get worse the bigger she gets!
Buy anything for the nursery? Nothing purchased this week, but I am working on some artwork in Photoshop to frame
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my belly. I am a stomach sleeper, I always have, and it's really hard to roll over and be stopped by my big ol' belly.
Movement: She's throwing dance parties practically all day long. We've got ourselves a future Irish dancer ;)
Baby is the size of a: Cantaloupe. Iknowright? So. big.
Food cravings: Nothing specific but I do have to eat about every 3 hours now to keep up with my growling stomach.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
How pregnant do you feel right now? Way more pregnant than last week. I still feel wonderful and I love my (almost giant) bump. Seriously though, how big is this thing going to get if I still have 16 weeks to go?!
Predictions for Baby's attributes: Soccer player, kick boxer, Irish dancer, professional ass-kicker?
Bump Nickname: We're using her first name a lot more now (finally nailed one down) but we are still working on a middle name!
Belly Button in or out? In, but getting shallower and stretching.
Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy but also a little tired. Mike and I are still really impressed with my lack of crazy hormonal mood swings - I'm really even keeled and totally under control. It's amazing!
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound next week - can't wait to see her pretty little face again :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top