Thirty weeks

Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Soo, the gestation period for human beings is 40 weeks and I've got 30 weeks under my (now invisible) belt. Only 10 more weeks to go and I think my brain just exploded knowing that in two short months, I'm going to be holding our little girl in my arms. Holy To-Do List, Batman.

It seems like 29 & 30 weeks were filled with doctor's appointments, which means that Mike and I have now mastered our drive to the hospital. I met with a cardiologist on Thursday and long-story-short, he thinks my heart troubles are simply pregnancy-related, given the 30-40% increase in bloodflow through my ticker. 
Just to be sure we're not missing anything, I'm going in for an echo-cardiogram (heart ultrasound) on Wednesday. My cardiologist is this hilarious French guy who waltzed into our appointment and called my baby bump a "beer belly." His accent was just thick enough to be funny and while trying to examine my heart he was very confused by the skinny belt I was wearing above my bump. He gave Mike this look like, "Women, huh?" and I died laughing. 

Medically, he said that while the EKG revealed an abnormal heart rhythm, he did not think I had any major problems. Of course, that was followed by a wink and him saying "that's why they have cardiologists and not computers, right?" Mike had a hard time holding it together and then wished him a "bon soir" at the end of the appointment. Dr. Frenchy gave him a funny look, laughed and then walked out. It wins for the weirdest and most comical doctor's appointment ever. 

So, it looks like I may just be enduring some chest pain and shortness of breath for the rest of my pregnancy, especially as little McBaby continues to grow. I'm just happy it's not anything serious!

Okay, now for the main event - the weekly update! Do you see how big I'm getting?! Yikes. 

How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I'm either back at even or +1, but that's optimistic because I haven't weighed myself this week. I've been eating even healthier since finding out about my heart, so I may still be -2.
Maternity clothes? Look! Those are the only pre-pregnancy pants I own that (miraculously) still button and zipper like normal. Magic pants!
Best moment this week: Finding out that I'm not at risk of having a heart attack during labor. Win!
Worst Symptom this Week: My pelvis has started popping. I roll over in bed at night and it sounds like I'm sleeping on bubble wrap. My poor bones.
Buy anything for the nursery? Curtains, curtain rod, name letters for over her crib (shh! still a secret!) and a couple little outfits.
Miss Anything? Being able to get off the couch without feeling like a stuck, awkward turtle, haha.
Movement: Girlfriend is bouncing. off. the walls. If I sit nice and still, you can see her bumping from across the room. Last night I was singing that Destiny's Child song "Jumpin' Jumpin'" to her and she really got into it.
Baby is the size of a: THIS week she's a cucumber. Last week was supposed to be an acorn squash. I can't keep these things straight anymore.
Food cravings: Popcorn and fruit juice.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
How pregnant do you feel right now? I'm sorry, did you see the photo for this week? I'm somewhere between watermelon-smuggler and pregnant hippopotamus.
Predictions for Baby's attributes: Ugh, I've heard so many stories this week about badly-behaved teenyboppers that I just hope to God she's painfully shy.
Middle Name Status: We have officially determined her first and middle name. We'll announce the whole thing after she's born though, gotta make sure it still works.
Belly Button in or out? Still holding on strong! I told Mike the other day that it will probably pop by Christmas - just in time for Santa!
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm so happy. I am really impressed and proud of myself for having such a great handle on my emotions during this pregnancy. You always hear horror stories of emotional breakdowns and crazy hormonal pregnant wives, but I've really kept it together. High-five!
Looking forward to: Um, let's see, THANKSGIVING! I can't wait for Julia and I to attempt the annual sharing of Granma's piano bench at the dinner table. I have visions of her tiny body flying into the ceiling as I lover my giant pregnant self onto the bench. It's going to be hilarious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top