Nineteen Weeks

Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Okay, I promise sooner or later I'll do an update on non-baby-related things, but it just seems like my mind is all baby, all the time these days!

We have been trying to enjoy our happy little pregnancy bubble, no matter how hard outside forces try to bring us down. This week has been really up and down, and although I can't get into the details on the blog, just know that we are, and always will be, committed to doing what's best for our growing little family.

Well, 19 weeks is almost past and I'm almost halfway there. Next milestone is 24 weeks (point of viability) but that's mostly just a milestone for a worry-wart like me. Can't wait to meet this baby girl, but I'm totally okay with her taking her sweet time :)

How far along? Nineteen weeks - one more to go and I'm halfway through!
Total weight gain/loss: I think I've gained a couple of pounds, so I'm guesstimating that I'm still about -15 overall. Not too shabby, considering I'll gain it all back and then some in the coming weeks!
Maternity clothes? No clothes shopping for me lately, but I'm making do with all of my pre-pregnancy pants (still fit wonderfully!) and the bump is covered by my longer t-shirts.
Sleep: Eh, not so great recently (not really baby related though)
Best moment this week: Hanging with my dad and talking about the future. My family has just been amazing the past 2 weeks, I'm so lucky! We also traveled to Atlanta this weekend for Mike's first college football game - Virginia Tech vs. Alabama in the Georgia Dome. It was fun, but exhausting!
Worst Symptom this Week: None, actually. Physically I feel good and my hormones have been really in check this
 entire pregnancy. The stress of real life trying to pop my happy pregnancy bubble, however, is giving my well-behaved hormones a run for their money this week.

Buy anything for the nursery? Bought Baby Girl a little Atlanta Braves dress this weekend. I think it will help ease Mike's apprehension about her lack of boy parts ;)
Miss Anything? Being close to my family. Having them here over the past two weeks really makes me miss the 3 hour drive from DC to their house for a weekend escape. Oh, and I miss beer. Dad and Mike drank Octoberfest and I sniffed their empty bottles like a crazy person.
Movement: Still nothing. I swear one of these days, she's just going to haul off and give me a swift kick to the ribs, so I'm just biding my time.
Baby is the size of a: Banana! (lengthwise, anyway)
Food cravings: Still string cheese. I'm also craving sausage - the only meat I can eat without feeling icky.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still most red meat, although I'm coming around on burgers as long as their cooked by a restaurant and well done. NO PINK MEAT ALLOWED. Chicken still needs to be fried, of course.
How pregnant do you feel right now? I feel like a waddling penguin when my feet start to hurt. I also had to take my engagement ring off and just wear my wedding bands this weekend because of my fingers swelling. Gross! (changed this one from "Are you showing yet?" Obviously, my belly is poppin'.)
Predictions for Baby's attributes: I think she's going to have my nose (already kind of obvious on the ultrasound haha) and I hope she has red hair. Mike thinks she's going to be just like me - temper and attitude included - which means we're in serious trouble! (changed this one from "Gender Prediction" because even though Mike's still waiting for them to discover a boy in there somewhere, she's fo sho a girl)
Bump Nickname: Baby Girl has been heavily used. We're also trying out our favorite name on her to see what it sounds like.
Belly Button in or out? In, but it's starting to look a little different... like it's being stretched.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and staying focused on avoiding stress, which is no bueno for the little one.
Looking forward to: Our first hospital classes at the end of the month. We also have our anatomy scan ultrasound next week, so I'm excited to see our little girl again, squirming around in there! Clifton's big music festival this weekend and it should be a good time with perfect weather!

---
Sorry about how terrible I look in this week's photo. I took it literally after I rolled out of bed. So. Classy.

In other news: can you believe it's already September!? I cannot wait for the weather to cool down around here so I can start wearing boots again. I love you Fall!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top