Twenty-two Weeks

Monday, September 23, 2013
"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty-twoooo,
Everything will be alright if you keep me next to youuuuu"

I've had Swifty T's song "22" stuck in my head this week, as I've now hit 22 weeks pregnant! Of course, my version of the song would go something like "It feels like the perfect night, to wake up twelve times to pee, make fun of my big belly, oh oh, oh oh" hahaha. I can't believe how quickly time is flying by!

How far along? Twenty-twooooo ooh oooh!
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself this week, but I'd assume that I'm still down at least 8lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes? I literally LIVE in my maternity leggings. Whoever invented the full belly panel is my hero - so. freaking. soft.
Sleep: There aren't enough hours in the night for me to sleep as much as I need right now. I think she's on a growth spurt in there!
Best moment this week: Mike was away this weekend for work stuff and we were chatting on the phone last night. I put the phone on speaker and placed it on my (growing) baby belly - the more Mike talked the more baby kicked! It was so funny, it was like she was already telling him to hush up ;)
Worst Symptom this Week: With the amount of stretching that's happening in my abdomen right now, I'm having some crazy round ligament pains - just another excuse to sit on the couch for a few minutes ;)

Buy anything for the nursery? An area rug for the floor (it's so pretty!) and we ordered the glider - I can't wait for everything to come together!
Miss Anything? Not really. My clothes still fit pretty well, my feet aren't swelling yet and I'm able to eat (most) of my pre-pregnancy favorites without feeling sick. Life is good :)
Movement: She is starting to kick and roll up a storm in there, getting bigger by the day.
Baby is the size of a: Papaya! Except, I don't think I've ever seen one in real life, soo the length of a carrot is also an acceptable comparison (just shy of a foot long!)
Food cravings: Still cheese. Thankfully, I'm also starting to want salads again, for a while there, all lettuce tasted like dirt no matter how much I washed it.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week :)
How pregnant do you feel right now? Perfectly pregnant. Second trimester is officially The Best, I wish the whole pregnancy was this wonderful.
Predictions for Baby's attributes: I hope she's a bit less stubborn than Mike and I. But of course, with how stubborn the two of us are, I'm still surprised she's a human and not a donkey.
Bump Nickname: Mike brought out Little Chicky again - which is totally adorable - and I just keep calling her Little Girl.
Belly Button in or out? In!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I'm so proud of the way I've been able to recognize when I'm getting hormonal/emotional and redirect that energy. Even Mike will tell you that I've been surprisingly less hormonal than we both expected - I've only had probably 3-4 episodes in our entire 22 weeks.
Looking forward to: Fall weather. There has been a hint of that crisp fall scent in the air the past few days and I just cannot wait to wear boots and sweaters and drink hot chocolate. LOVE. FALL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top