North meets South: A Weekend in Clifton

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sorry it's been a month since I last posted, things have been crazy busy! It's okay though, I have lots to post about in the coming weeks. My parents and Granma came to visit us at the end of February for my birthday and we had a blast showing them around town, enjoying our sunny back deck and breaking in my coffee bar area. We pretty much destroyed my K-cup coffee stash which only gave me an excuse to buy more!

By all means the highlights of the gorgeous weekend were the weather and meeting Cocoa and Creampuff -- the dogs from our neighbor's farm behind us. Anyone that knows my father knows that he is the Pied Piper of puppies. Doggies within a 50-mile radius will find him and be friends with him - it's crazy!

"Cocoa" is a chocolate lab mix and "Creampuff" is some kind of adorable mutt puppy. I put their names in quotes because we didn't know their names and Dad came up with some hot-drink-related nicknames haha. Cocoa accompanied us on walks through the neighborhood and they both made themselves at home on our deck. Even after Mom, Dad and Granma left Clifton these doggies still come up to the deck and peep in our windows for a little belly rub ;)


(Cocoa licked my lens right after this picture haha)


Dad gives the best belly rubs!


Creampuff liked carrying the tennis ball around our yard


and sitting in my flowerbeds


Snuggles in the sun!


Look, puppy!


We took lots of birdwatching adventures in our neighborhood, Granma and Dad picked out hawks and Herons and they found our Eagle! This is the view from the top of our driveway, down the hill on our street. Isn't the river gorgeous?! Mom was a little nervous about Cocoa at first, but they quickly became friends.


Playing ball... Cocoa would pick it up and run to her yard and bury it somewhere haha


Isn't he adorable?!


Cocoa running alongside the TN River


Granma hiking up the hill across the street from our house - Killer Hill!
(it's very steep just off frame to the left)

 We had so much fun showing the family around Clifton. We gave them a tour of downtown (which took ten minutes) and of City Hall. We went to Waynesboro too and they got to see the news office. We also took an afternoon and drove the Natchez Trace Parkway through Wayne County into Alabama. It is a beautiful and tranquil ride full of wildlife -- we saw two herds (gaggles?) of turkeys, TONS of birds and even an OWL!! We later identified the owl as a Barred Owl (I was driving so I don't have a photo to share) and it was the first owl that Granma has ever seen in the wild!

It was a great weekend and we are SO happy to have a large enough house to pleasantly host visitors! Who's next?! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Glad I found your blog. I am a Yankee girl as well. I live in New Hampshire and my husband and I are about to move to central Tennessee! I've only driven through it one or two times! LOL. I enjoyed reading your new experience. I'm in deep with the packing up and renovating our current house to get it on the market asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lynne! You'll definitely enjoy the weather down here, much less snow than NH. Good luck with the move!

      Delete

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top