Pumpkin Carving with MeeMaw

Thursday, October 1, 2015


My mom really wanted to carve a pumpkin with Blair during her visit, so we picked up a big ol' pumpkin and let the two of them have-at-it in the front yard. Blair was intrigued by the pumpkin's mushy insides and loved spooning the goop out of (and back into) it! I got to sit back and watch the two of them interact. It is the sweetest thing to see your child have so much love for your mom... I love that they have such a close bond already!







Coming in to Mama for a high-five. Pumpkins are awesome! 




Helping MeeMaw sketch out the jack-o-lantern's face



She was obsessed with stirring the bowl of seeds - which I roasted later! 
Monitoring the carving while munching on a piece of pumpkin

Showing the pumpkin where her eyes are
All the hugs for MeeMaw! Be still my heart. 
Kissing the finished product, of course.


Watching the "up-keh" all lit up on the back deck




And as if this post doesn't have enough pictures already, I can't help but share these last two. This is what being a grandma is all about.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top