39 & 40 Weeks: Still Pregnant

Monday, January 20, 2014
Yep. Still pregnant.

Apparently, my doctor has been operating off of my original January 18 due date, which means I actually passed 40 weeks (full term) on Saturday instead of tomorrow, the 21st. Little girl has shown no sign of moving out, which is a little frustrating, but I'm hanging in there.

We go back to the doctor tomorrow, Tuesday, for an ultrasound to check on McBaby's growth and then we'll probably talk induction dates. My doctor has said she won't let me go past 41 weeks, which would be this Saturday, so I think it's safe to say that little McBaby should make her appearance or be forcefully evicted from her comfy little home sometime this week! AHH!

Sooo, here's my 39 week update and an abbreviated 40 week update to complete the process. Hopefully, my next update is a picture of our little nugget outside my enormous belly!

How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +15lbs. Apparently, I gained 3 pounds of water weight from the swelling. My doctor likes my new feet, aka loaves of bread.
Maternity clothes? None of the things fit. NONE OF THEM. (Trust me though, I was wearing jeans before I took this picture. I don't go out of the house in leggings as pants without a longer shirt/sweater on, haha!)
Best moment this week: Going on maternity leave for my freelance job and writing a few really awesome articles for my final newspaper!
Worst Symptom this Week: Not going into labor. Fun times.
Buy anything for the nursery? Nursery is done. Hospital bags are packed in the car already. I couldn't be more ready!
Miss Anything? I miss not feeling enormous. The belly has really hit a new level of large and it's really doing a number on my back haha.
Movement: She's getting a little cramped in there, but her movements are HUGE. You can see her rolling from side to side, having the hiccups, and poking me from across the room.
Baby is the size of a: Watermelon. Literally, a WATERMELON.
Food cravings: Damn Twix bar craving won't ease up.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Tomato sauce still gives me evil heartburn (Waaaaah)
How pregnant do you feel right now? I'm done, McBaby is done, I'm ready to snuggle with my squishy little nugget now!
How close are you to labor? Still only at 1cm as of my Wed. appt. We have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday (if I make it) and then we'll talk induction. Also, apparently, I'm due 3 days earlier than I thought, so I'm now considered overdue. Sigh.
Belly Button in or out? Everyone can see it through my shirt, hahaha.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm a bit uncomfortable and being on constant alert for labor pains or water breaking is making me a little crazy. Overall though, I'm so happy and super excited because no matter how "long" it feels like I'm waiting this week - I know she's going to be here very very soon. Also, one of the nurses in my doctor's office told Mike that I am one of the most pleasant pregnant ladies she ever met. She was probably just being nice, but it practically made my day. 
Looking forward to: Giving birth - never thought I'd say that phrase, but whew, 40+ weeks is a long freaking time.

Final Wrap-Up
Looking like a swollen blimp at a much-need pedi
So, as you all know by now, I was officially overdue on Saturday. My mom spent the weekend with us because Mike had a conference and we were on heightened baby watch. Of course, little McBaby made fools of us, but it was really nice to spend time with my mommy before I officially become a mommy! She also made us a delicious dinner and I was able to freeze some of the leftovers so we have some ready-made meals to eat after McBaby arrives.

We did some last minute shopping for a few extra necessities and she treated me to a pedicure! Apparently her friend's daughter went into labor shortly after getting a pedicure, so we were hopeful that all the walking, paired with a nice foot/ankle rub would help do the trick. It didn't, but at least I'll have the nicest feet in L&D if this baby ever decides to actually get the ball rolling in there.

Hopefully after tomorrow's appointment we'll have an end-date induction scheduled, or this little Miss will decide to grace us with her presence before the end of the week. In the meantime, send me all of your positive, labor-inducing vibes and I'll keep cleaning my house, obsessively re-organizing baby clothes and willing my water to break.

How far along? 40 weeks
Best moment this week: Hanging out with Mom and also laying in bed with Mike realizing these are our last few nights without a child for at least the next 18 years.
Worst Symptom this Week: Again, not going into labor. Fun times.
Miss Anything? I miss not being on constant alert. My water could break at any second and every back twinge or cramp gets me all worked up thinking it's labor. And it never is.
Movement: There is no more room in there. My internal organs are crying.
Baby is the size of a: Winter Melon - otherwise known as LARGER THAN A WATERMELON.
Food cravings: Still with the Twix bars... getting in my candy while I can because after this baby comes out it's time to start trying to lose the weight (and hopefully more!)
How close are you to labor? For being overdue, I don't feel close at all. I'll know more tomorrow at our ultrasound and checkup, but I haven't even had any real contractions yet. Sigh
Happy or Moody most of the time: I make a lot of jokes about being "done" and wanting this baby to come out now, but honestly, I'm just itching to finally meet her. I'm dealing with all of the aches/pains really well and I'm still sleeping for several hours straight at night, so there isn't much to complain about. 
Looking forward to: Obviously, meeting McBaby, but I also can't wait to share her sweet name and photos of her little face!

Here's another shot of the awesome outfit I'm wearing in the 40 week photo. Seriously, where has this super stretchy, double-zippered sweatshirt been my whole pregnancy?! Wal-Mart for the win!

See what I mean about the belly button?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top