Thirty-Seven weeks

Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Technically I'm at 38 weeks today (TWO WEEKS LEFT!!) but here's the check-in for this past week! Note: as I am writing this, I'm watching McBaby wiggle her butt from one side of my belly to the other haha!

How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: As of my appointment last Thursday, I am at a total of +10lbs for the pregnancy. Yikes.
Maternity clothes? As evidenced in the photo, I'm getting really lazy with trying to look nice. Stretchy things are my friend! (Please excuse my totally comfortable slippers)
Best moment this week: Installed the car seat in my Jeep. It feels SO real now!
Worst Symptom this Week: Heartburn. I almost barfed last night it was so bad. TUMS are my new best friend.
Buy anything for the nursery? The nursery is complete! I can't even believe I finished with more than 2 weeks left haha.
Miss Anything? I really miss not having pain in my pelvis ALL DAY LONG.
Movement: She has become a bit lazy now that she's running out of room. Now she has big movements that can literally be seen from across the room, or she's punching me in the bladder. Fun times.
Baby is the size of a: A Winter Melon. Mike and I asked my doctor last week how big she thinks this little girl will be and she said "Oh, you've got a good-sized baby in there. I'd say she'll be in the 8pound range." *cue panic*
Food cravings: Blech. TUMS.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Apparently, everything.
How pregnant do you feel right now? Seriously, my belly is huge. This thing is getting out of control.
How close are you to labor? Doctor says I'm about 1cm dilated and McBaby's head is "whoa, really low." We're still on track for the due date, but honestly, my water could break at any minute.
Belly Button in or out? Still rocking the donut-button.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm really uncomfortable, but I'm trying to enjoy these last few weeks of feeling her movements. It still blows my mind that she used to be just a tiny bean of cells and now she's a fully-developed little person. A woman's body is an absolutely amazing thing!
Looking forward to: Tuesday the 14th (last day of work at the paper) and Friday the 17th (last day with SmartBrief until March). I have SmartBrief backup writers for that week, so I certainly won't be upset if I go into labor on Wednesday the 15th. I'll officially be 39 weeks - full term- and ready to get this show on the road!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top