Thirty-Eight weeks

Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Soo, at our appointment last Wednesday, my doctor said I could literally go into labor at any time and half-expected me to not make my upcoming Wednesday appointment (as in, tomorrow). So, in the spirit of "moving things along" Mike and I cleaned the entire house, packed up our hospital bags, and caught up on work stuff this weekend/week. I have officially ended my job with the newspaper and trained my replacement as best I could. I cannot believe we've made it to this point - it feels like just yesterday (and sometimes 10 years ago!) that I announced we were expecting this little lady.

I'm dying to see her little chubby face!


How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +12lbs. It's all belly though, right? Ihopeso.
Maternity clothes? Whatever fits comfortably. I'm not even trying anymore haha
Best moment this week: Laying in bed with Mike and realizing these are our last few nights without a child for at least the next 18 years.
Worst Symptom this Week: See above. Haha, just kidding!
Buy anything for the nursery? Nursery is done. Hospital bags are packed. We are ready to go!
Miss Anything? Wearing my wedding rings. My fingers swell too much by the end of the day so I stopped wearing them this week. *insert sad face*
Movement: She has become the Ultimate Butt Wiggler. The other day she was sticking her bum SO FAR OUT that my bump was completely deformed. It was crazy.
Baby is the size of a: Pumpkin. Like, I legitimately look like I stuck a pumpkin in my shirt. Pointy belly button and all haha.
Food cravings: For some reason I have "needed" to eat Twix bars for the past 2 days.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Tomato sauce (Waaaaah)
How pregnant do you feel right now? Between my enormous belly and the insanity of nesting hormones causing me to vacuum ALL THE THINGS, I'm definitely the most pregnant ever.
How close are you to labor? Any day now! I can tell how close I'm getting because Mike left for work this morning and said "Call me if you go into labor!" *cue panic*
Belly Button in or out? Shamelessly sticking out. I can't even hide it anymore.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm happily nesting away. I think I've officially run out of things to clean. 
Looking forward to: Meeting this little girl! Of course with my luck, she'll be a week late and I'll still be saying "any day now" for the next 2 weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top