Pack, Haul, Unpack . Repeat Until Sore

Thursday, January 17, 2013
Photo Credit: http://www.frugalicious.net/posts/view/1723
Well, Mike and I got the keys to our new house earlier than we anticipated and we're in the preliminary stages of packing up Polk Street! I spent ALL day yesterday, from 8AM to 9PM, packing and hauling stuff to the new house. I'm sore but I am so excited to get in there and organize, decorate, and settle in!
I was planning to write a post about the Grand Ol' Opry this week, but since I was so busy on my day off (Wednesday), I'm going to have to put it off until next week. It will be an emotional post to write because the Opry was so dear to my Poppie's heart. I promise, it will be worth the wait (the photos are pretty awesome too!)

Here's a little update on what we've been up to this past week:

1. In honor of Martin Luther King Day (haha), Mike and I bought a dryer at Lowe's! Between the MLK Day appliances sale and my Lowe's gift card, it only cost us $38.00! We also attended a presentation by Clifton's African-American Mayor who experienced segregation and desegregation in our little southern city. It was really neat to listen to him talk about his memories and I plan to do a feature on him in the paper during Black History Month in February.

2. Mike has decided that we're going to Atlanta at the end of the month (now that we're moving in the middle of January) to a Braves caravan event. Stay tuned for that adventure!

3. We experienced some of our first winter weather down here this week - a combination of ice, sleet, and snow. It was nothing major, although the schools were out for TWO DAYS in anticipation of an ice storm that turned into a cold rainy monsoon. It was pretty ridiculous.

Jeepy was covered with tiny icicles!

Well that's about it. This post is super short and more informative than fun. Sorry, folks! I now return to packing up my life for the second time this year...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top