Quick Update

Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Please don't think that I have fallen off the wagon this early in the year! Things have been crazy with moving and Mike dragging me to Georgia and Nashville for the Braves Caravan that I haven't had time to sit down and go through my photos to put here on the blog. I'm hoping to have time tomorrow so you'll get a blog post filled with photos of the Grand Ol' Opry!
Right now, I'll share a few iPhone photos of the moving in progress. Trust me, we are a lot further along than the photos suggest and I will share each room as we finish up. I think the only room right now that is done and organized is the living room, but I still have to style the book shelves (thanks, Pinterest, for all the ideas!) 


The living room and bookshelves. 
(Ignore the patio chairs, haha, we needed some extra seating for Mike's parents)


The kitchen was a disaster but I can report that it is very neat and tidy now. 
Also, it took Tonya and I a few days to figure out how to use the fancy appliances!


I finally have a new dryer that is 1) inside the house and 2) shuts itself off when the clothes are dry. I will admit, I hugged it after the Lowe's guys installed it. They thought I was nuts. 


We spent three days without internet because TDS couldn't connect to our phone line. A $25 in-home visit from a technician revealed that only 2 of the 5 phone jacks in our house can actually be used for the internet. #FAIL. 


I finally have a nice place to display one of our wedding canvases. Shout out to Photography by Kelly - they are gorgeous. Wait until you see what I did with the other one! This same photo is displayed in the building we are standing on (outside of?). So cool!


In a classic case of husband/wife compromise, I agreed to accompany Mike to Atlanta to stand in a line for 3 hours to get Braves autographs. To compensate me for my time, Mike took me to IKEA for a little home-decor therapy. Damn it if I don't want to win the lottery and just live in one of these stores. We bought a few 'big salad' bowls, a giant cutting board, a kitchen utensil holder, a clock for City Hall, and...


My desk!! I'm obsessed with the Expedit line (we have the 4-cube in our entry way) and I have been eyeing this desk for months. I wanted it in black-brown, but they didn't have any in stock, so I went with the glossy white. White turned out to be sooo pretty and I'm glad I chose it. Plus, according to Pinterest, glossy white furniture is totally 'in' right now. *insert Mike eye-roll here*


Being the Most Awesome Wife that I am, I agreed to go to Nashville on a rainy Sunday afternoon to stand in yet another line to get more Braves autographs. Here are the 161 people in front of us at the Academy Sports and Outdoors store in Mt. Juliet, TN. Mike took me to the Olive Garden afterwards, so my stomach thanked him. My muffin top, on the other hand, was not as pleased. 

Well, that's all I've got for you today. Sorry for the crappy photo quality. I have officially downloaded the Camera+ app for my phone, which is supposed to allow me more freedom in composing iPhone shots. I'll play around with it and, in the meantime, try to stick to my Canon.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top