Fourth of July

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The long Fourth of July weekend was filled with fireworks, good food, and old friends.
Saturday was really low-key. I took a few pictures of an uncooperative Blair in something festive, we cleaned the house, and I completed a two-week long process of organizing old baby clothes into bins. Not because I'm pregnant, but because the trash bags of clothes were driving me insaaaaane. But I totally have the baby fever now - all those tiny things, gah!


One tiny person - so so many clothes.


  
Blair focused and shot this one holding the camera all by herself! #minime



Sunday was a bit more cleaning, a bit more relaxing, some pool time on the porch, rain and then the City of Fairview Fireworks show! I got the time wrong and we showed up in the parking just as the fireworks started, so we stood by the car and watched them. Blair was less enthusiastic about them than last year, proclaiming that they were "scary, mama!" But then she would clap and say "wow! pretty!" so I'm confident she's not scarred... yet. 
She held onto my ponytail the entire show.

Monday I took a few more pictures of a patriotic, I'll-eat-a-hunk-of-bread-if-I-want-to Blair and then we set up a little waterpark in the front yard. Blair was thrilled about the crazy sprinkler and the fact that we moved her baby pool from the deck to the yard. She was confused about the slide at first, tried it a couple times, and then decided it was terrifying and that Mike needed to help her slide down. *draaamaaaa*









Atta girl! Right from the hose!







My friends from college and their adorable three-year old son came to spend the day/night with us on their way to Florida and the kids had a blast playing together. Blair and N made Play-doh cookies in her kitchen, chased each other around the house giggling, splashed in the water in nothing but their underoos, ate popsicles and (of course) did not nap! Our neighbor down the street set off a 30-minute legit fireworks show, so we ended the evening sitting in the driveway watching fireworks light up the neighborhood. Blair, in classic form, fell asleep on me halfway through the show and didn't even wake up when I changed her into her PJ's, tucked her into bed, and N came in to whisper goodnight to her before he headed to sleep as well. (I took ZERO pictures of the kids together... giant fail!)

Watching the driveway for N's arrival



Conked out in nothing but a diaper, holding her glowsticks

It was a much-needed, relaxing, fun weekend - I can't believe it's already July! We have a few more summer adventures planned, but I'm already starting to get the itch for cool, crisp fall weather! *wink*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top