ONE

Monday, January 26, 2015

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
- Love You Forever by Robert Munsch


January 25, 2015 came so much faster than I thought it would - I was not ready for my baby to be one, not ready to admit that an entire year had gone by since her first breath. It amazes me how quickly that wrinkly, sleepy little infant turned into a chubby, walking, talking, giggling toddler. So. Many. Feelings.

 


We had a small celebration with a cake and presents the weekend of her birthday. My mom, dad, Megan and Scott came in for the weekend and Blair had so much fun playing with them and showing off how well she can walk. I decorated her high-chair the night before and made the little "1" topping for her cupcake. Being afflicted with the OMG MY BABY IS ONE-itis, I also threw together some decorations at the last minute, after deciding things just didn't look festive enough. I had streamers and some plastic tablecloths leftover from the cake smash session and a Valentine's Day banner I got from the Target Dollar Spot.


Thank goodness I had these little stickers laying around. 


Can you believe this gorgeous cake is from WalMart? And it was DELICIOUS!


They gave us a free cupcake with the cake order.



Fresh off her Christmas training a month prior, she was ready to tear off the wrapping paper of her presents! She was quite spoiled, but had so much fun sharing her new toys with everyone. 

Star Wars Itty Bittys from Mama & Dada


Musical maracas from MeeMaw!

A Lilly Pulitzer dress from GiGi & Harvey


A box full of goodies from Aunt Ro and Pat!
Sweet shades!


A purse-ful of birthday and hockey duckies from Poppie!

These two goons really liked my paper bows ;)

Little People Car Wash in the Playroom!

Playing Fisher Price Aquarium with Aunt Meggie and Uncle Scott


Playing MegaBlocs with MeeMaw

She was a little nervous impatient to eat her treat and then got a little nervous when we sang her Happy Birthday, but she really enjoyed delicately plucking icing off the cupcake! We FaceTimed Aunt Karagh so she could get in on the action too, and 


Impatient. 



"Happy Birthday is scary!"

Mean Mama laughing at her strife.





She wasn't sure at first, but then she really got into it! 



SMUSHY CHEEK KISSES!


Heart-bursting, sticky frosting hugs for mama!

Happy Birthday, sweet girl <3

______________________________________________

Posts From the Past Series: I've decided to start filling in the gap that was our insane 2015. I have so many photos and memories that deserve their place in our little history, so I'm going back in time to record those moments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top