Cake Smash

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Inspired by Pinterest and a bit of over-confidence in my photography abilities, I decided to do a cake smash session with Blair for her first birthday. I made the bow garland from cardstock paper, a hot glue gun, and rolls of ribbon from the Target Dollar Spot. I baked the cake the night before, frosted it that morning and put it on a gold charger plate, topped with a homemade "1" made from glitter paper.


I'm sure she'll hate me for this when she's older, but I just put her in a little gold bow skirt and let her go at it. Less laundry for mama - I expected her to make a giant mess. Much to my surprise, she was hardly interested in the cake and was more interested in running around like crazy.









Finger-lickin' good!  


Happy Almost-Birthday, Little One!

_______________________________________________

Blast from the Past Series: I've decided to start filling in the gap that was our insane 2015. I have so many photos and memories that deserve their place in our little history, so I'm going back in time to record those moments. This post was published in April 2016. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top