Holy Mixed Emotions, Batman

Friday, July 6, 2012
Here I sit, alone, in an empty apartment. I've just left my job of three years and drove the Capitol Beltway for the last time. Saying goodbye to my amazing co-workers/friends was way more difficult than I imagined... I even cried when I said goodbye to the friendly parking attendants in my building. Then, I proceeded to sob all the way home.

It's not that I'm unhappy about moving to Tennessee, I'm not even really that sad about leaving DC, it's just so hard to say goodbye to people that put a smile on your face everyday, no matter how busy or stressful the job becomes. I loved my job so much - even the most mundane tasks like filing and making copies. I love the people in that office, the crazy clients, those sweet kids that just need someone to stick up for them. Even the computer glitches and endless phone calls don't seem all that frustrating anymore. I hope that one day I can find another job that is as rewarding, challenging, and gratifying as the one I left today. Goodbye, Michael J. Eig and Associates, thank you for teaching me a million lessons about life, professionalism, and the value of hard work.

I am leaving Fairfax tomorrow - if I ever get my damn car packed - and I cannot wait to see my husband and sleep in my own bed. This air mattress and I are not having as much fun as we did earlier in the week, haha. I can't wait to get to Clifton and really get the ball rolling on our new life there. With all of the obstacles almost free from my path, I am starting to see the long stretch of open highway that stands between me and this new chapter in my life.

Ready or not, Clifton. Here I come.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you to be moving into this next stage! I'm sure it was hard to leave... They are losing an awesome employee, but someone else will benefit from your knowledge and expertise in the near future! I love you drive safe....

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top