Heave Ho!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

This past week has been a whirlwind of planning, packing, and adapting to circumstances beyond our control. Since Mike has been using his vacation days to finish out his time at his job, he packed the entire apartment over the course of the week. Super Husband!

The apartment was a disaster all week, as we suddenly realized how much crap we had stuffed into 730 square feet. Boxes littered every room, pathways were blocked (total fire code violation) and the kitchen was a mess. Mike was really amazing this week, he worked so hard all day while I was at work. By the end of the week, he had packed the entire apartment, and loaded everything into the UHaul - oh, and it was over 100 degrees on loading day! 

Unfortunately, I meant for this post to be up on the blog yesterday, but we were thrown off by a storm that left us without power, or air conditioning, on Friday night. With wind gusts clocked at up to 80 miles per hour, we sat and watched the driving rain, crazy lightning, and damaging winds, hoping that our UHaul (and my Jeep) would escape unscathed by branches or trees. At 4:30AM, we walked outside to find lots of debris, but both vehicles were perfectly fine! Mike was on his way by 5AM and I was left to an empty apartment with no lights or AC.

I spent about 5 hours in the 85 degree (and climbing) apartment before I lost all battery on my phone and retreated to the Jeep to cool off and run to Target (which thankfully had power) and bought a flashlight. Then, in true female fashion, I abandoned the dark sticky apartment for cooler pastures - Perkasie! My dad took me in, fed me, and let me take advantage of the sweet, cool, AC. Thanks, Dad!



Special thanks to my Julia and Matt for sharing their boxes with us!




I came home one day to Mike and B-Unit watching something scary on TV... so cute!


Haha... the heat started getting to us...


Living room after the UHaul was loaded... this was taken with the flash because it was pitch black!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top