Twenty-Three Months

Monday, December 28, 2015

I don't have a lot of photos from this month because with all of us getting used to a new schedule, I barely picked up my camera! I also made an effort to stay off my phone in the evenings because I really miss her during the day and I want to make the most of our evening time together. So, here are just a smattering of iPhone photos/selfies and a promise that I'll take more next month! 

     

     

    

Month 23 was really tough for little Blair. She battled through two colds that resulted in two ear infections, and one bout of pneumonia. She's a tough little cookie though and bounced back to have a relatively healthy Christmas Day - and then woke up with a nasty cold again on Dec. 26th. #damndaycaregerms
      

     

Weight: 25pounds 9 ounces
Height: 32.75 inches

Sleeping: Terribly. The illnesses made her unable to breathe through her nose, which led to several frustrated wake-ups every night that required lots of back patting, paci-hunting in the dark, and rocking her back to sleep. 



Eating: Girlfriend is a snacker - she's currently obsessed with Cheez-Its (I mean, who isn't?!) and popcorn. Specifically the bags of very special pan-popped popcorn sent by her Great Granma - it's the best popcorn ever and it's a cult classic among the Murphy cousins. Blair has joined our ranks and cleaned out one entire bag before I even got to have any, but luckily Great Granma hooked us up a few bags and I didn't have to fight her for my share too much! 

Favorite Things
The Christmas decorations. She runs around the house pointing at all of our ceramic trees and asks me to turn them on, she turns the big tree on with the foot pedal every morning and she says "ooohh" at the ornaments all the time. She hasn't pulled anything off the walls yet and only broke one ornament so far, so I'd say it's been a successful season, haha!

Putting things "nah-night." She is obsessed with covering up toys, dolls, mama, and dada with a blanket or dish towel and saying "nah-night!" She pats us on the back and makes snoring noises, or she'll say "Shhh! Baby night night!" if we're talking too much during her playtime haha. 


Least Favorite Things: Chest x-rays. Shots of antibiotics in her thighs. Blood draws from her feet. Fevers. Snot. Sore throat. Ear canals. Coughing. I told you it has been a rough month! 

Milestones
- First case of pneumonia. First time mama needed to use a sick day at her new job to care for a sick baby. First time in a long time she had snuggly naps on mama and dada.  
- First school Christmas party! 

New Words
- "Ho Ho" (Santa) and "tree"
- So many new sentences and she's even learned several baby signs at school, like "milk," "eat," and "more." 


Those eyes - she's just so cute, I can't even stand it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top