Two Months!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014


Well, little Blair is growing like a weed and her personality is really starting to shine! She is smiling A LOT now and just starting to find her little voice. She'll be talking up a storm pretty soon, I can tell - and we'll never have another quiet moment ever again haha!

Weight: 10lbs 11ounces
Height: 21.25 inches
Sizes: Blair is officially out of Newborn diapers and she fits into 0-3 month clothes. Most of her newborn clothes are too short now (waaah!) but the 3 month clothes are still a bit too long. Her chubby little tummy fits pretty well in anything though. Tanker.
Nicknames: Nugget, Blair Bear, Snugglebug, Little Tank.




Sleeping: I still don't know what kind of unicorn magic we possess, but she is officially sleeping 100% of the night in her nursery, in the crib, for 9-10 straight hours. She naps well throughout the day and is basically the perfect sleeper. We just have to prop up her mattress at an incline and have her sleep in a nest (like the one she had in at the hospital) to help prevent the apnea episodes caused by her reflux and laryngomalacia.

Eating: Our little tank is chugging 3.5 to 4 ounces of formula about every 3 hours. We are using Dr. Brown's bottles, much to my dismay, as they're a pain in the you-know-what to clean because of all the parts. But, they're the best bottles for reflux and they work!

 

Favorite Things: She is such a happy baby (most of the time) and she just loves so many things! She still adores getting her diaper changed and practically lives in her bouncy seat. She enjoys playing on the Kick and Play Piano Mat, mostly looking at her diva self in the mirror. She also LOVES her warm baths and is starting to enjoy being outside. She smiles and cranes her neck into the breeze and smiles at Cocoa and Creampuff as they run around our deck. 

Least Favorite Things: There aren't too many things that she hates. She still dislikes tummy time if I put her down for too long, but she will tolerate it for a few minutes if she's propped up on the Boppy or the Podster. She hates overhead lights after sunset (so picky) and is not a fan of me leaving whatever room she happens to be in. Mike is convinced that sometimes he's her least favorite thing, haha. 

See, she loves her Daddy!
Notable Events: Blair met her aunts and uncle this month when my whole family came to visit! She absolutely adored them and all of the attention she got. It was very cold most of the time they were here (thanks for bringing the freezing weather with you, Yankees!) so we spent most of our time hanging out inside, drinking coffee and passing Blair around. We also took some family photos!

Blair's MeeMaw (my mom) and Poppie (my dad) watched her one night so Mike and I could go on a date. It was our first time leaving her at home without one of us and I was way less upset about it than I should have been. We drove down to Florence, AL to have dinner at Outback Steakhouse and take a leisurely stroll through Target before coming home to find Blair all tucked into bed. Best babysitters ever! :)

Full disclosure: I had to use Photoshop to erase a big spit-up slug coming out of B's mouth in this photo. She's classy. 
The Ladies!

Auntie Karagh

Auntie Megan
Milestones:
- First trip to the ER and ride in an ambulance. I sincerely hope that is also her LAST experience with either of those things!
- She now stands up on our laps and gets really excited about it. She makes a hilarious He-Man face and flexes her arms while she tries to stay standing. It's adorable.
- She tracks everything that moves and loves staring at people faces and at her FiFi Firefly. I swear her and FiFI gossip about me, even when I'm in the room.
- She had learned (I'm now sure from where!) how to make the most adorable pouty face. Her whole mouth turns upside down in the cutest and saddest little pout I've ever seen. I have yet to snag a picture of it, but it will most definitely be shared when I finally get one!

Oh hai, check out my neck control! 
Seriously, B. Stop being so darn adorable.
She's getting so big and so sassy, I just can't even handle it. I'll have to do a post in the next week or so about her nursery, now that she's finally sleeping in it! Can't wait to share all of the fun details that I spent 9 months working on haha. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top