Early (secret!) Bump Photos

Monday, July 1, 2013

Okay, before I get to my 12th week, let's get caught up on the early weekly updates and bump photos. I plan on posting either every week or every 2 weeks, I haven't decided yet. I mean, you all know how consistent I am with blog posts. /eyeroll/

Anyway, here are the ones I've done so far - If you get super annoyed by the constant whining posting, just tell me to get over myself already.

How far along? Six weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Par for the course right now - Goal is to stay under 15-20lbs weight gain throughout, due to my starting weight. That's not out of vanity, it's recommended for fat people my BMI.
Maternity clothes? Nah, I'm going to make my current wardrobe work as long as possible. Also, leggings.
Sleep: Pretty sure I've never slept better in my life. Naps are wonderful!
Best moment this week: Seeing those two little pink lines for the first time and telling Mike he's going to be a daddy.
Worst Symptom this Week: ACNE. I've never had so many zits in my entire life, including puberty.
Have you told family and friends: Just both sets of parents.
Miss Anything? Subway sandwiches (boo you, listeria warnings!)
Movement: Of course not, too tiny!
Baby the size of a: Sweet Pea
Food cravings: Any kind of dairy. I've had cheese and crackers, mac & cheese, MILK. Ahhh so good.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. Sometimes I get queasy just drinking water.
Have you started to show yet: No, but let's be honest, my belly was chubby to begin with.
Gender prediction: Mike consistently refers to McBaby as a "he." I really don't know what he'll do if "he" turns out to be a "she," but right now I'm leaning towards boy.
Bump Nickname: I showed Mike a video of an embryo's early development and all the talk about eggs and hatching cells inspired him to nickname it "Little Chicken"
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: SO HAPPY... but I did have a little hormonal meltdown once. Mike was very understanding. Also, I've caught myself crying at TV commercials.
Looking forward to: First doctor's appointment on June 14th!

***

How far along? Seven weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -1.5 pounds (blaaah, morning sickness)
Maternity clothes? Did I mention how wonderful leggings are?
Sleep: Like a rock. Until I have to pee at 4AM. Then Mike gets up to pee and it becomes a whole thing.
Best moment this week: Looking at photos of a friend's newborn and realizing that will be us in 9 months! Still a little surreal :)
Worst Symptom this Week: NAUSEA. I haven't puked yet, but I come SO CLOSE at least twice a day.
Have you told family and friends: Just our immediate families (parents & sisters)
Miss Anything? I miss not being able to smell something from a mile away. The trashcan almost made me puke the other day and Mike couldn't even smell it. He very quickly got it out of the house though (he's so good to me)
Movement: Not yet!
Baby the size of a: Blueberry
Food cravings: Slowly losing my appetite. Whole wheat toast is yummy.
Anything making you queasy or sick: RED MEAT - blech. Just typing the words make me gag (I know, I can't believe it either!)
Have you started to show yet: Does baby bloat count? Because, whoa.
Gender prediction: McBaby is still firmly believed to be a "he." Mike emphatically corrects me when I say "it" or "she"
Bump Nickname: After learning the baby is currently the size of a blueberry, Mike decided to call it "Barry"
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy... and protective. We had a snake sneak onto the deck and I was so enraged that it dared to come near our happy little pregnancy bubble that I set out on a quest to kill it. My quest failed and the snake eventually left, but Mike was impressed.
Looking forward to: Is that doctor's appointment here yet? Ahhhhhh!

***

How far along? Eight weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Down another pound... total -2.5
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I did buy some longer t-shirts during an Old Navy sale.
Sleep: Still sleeping like a rock and I've started resting in the afternoons in bed, lights off, Pandora radio tuned to Mumford and Sons radio. It's lovely!
Best moment this week: Telling our Olive Garden waitress that I'm pregnant (waah, no wine samples) and she called me "Mama" the rest of the evening!
Worst Symptom this Week: Nausea and fatigue
Have you told family and friends: We told my cousin Julia and her fiancé Matt. McBaby will be 9 months old at their wedding!
Miss Anything? Having the energy to do daily tasks... So tired!
Movement: just my queasy belly mocking me haha
Baby the size of a: Kidney bean
Food cravings: Coke! But since I'm trying to avoid unnecessary sugar, I'm now hooked on Perrier. Classy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I still can't look at red meat. Raw chicken is gross too, I'm practically a vegetarian (gasp!)
Have you started to show yet: I thought I was, but it turned out to be a combination of dinner and bloat.
Gender prediction: I'm probably going to think its a boy until the doctor tells me it's not. The Chinese gender chart says boy (because that's super reliable...)
Bump Nickname: Barry, Little Chickie, and Little Bean
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but exhausted. Hopeful that I'll feel better soon!
Looking forward to: doctors appointment on Friday (FINALLY!) and telling Mike's family this weekend!

***

OMG I completely forgot to take a photo this week. I told you I'm bad at this! /facepalm/

How far along? Nine weeks
Total weight gain/loss: haven't weighed myself this week, but I would be surprised if I've gained anything
Maternity clothes? No, but I have started wearing leggings with Old Navy t-shirt for tall people. Perfect coverage and sooo comfy!
Sleep: Like a rock.
Best moment this week: Getting a surprise ultrasound at our first appointment AND telling Mike's family - it was a big weekend!
Worst Symptom this Week: Nausea and fatigue are fighting each other for top billing
Have you told family and friends: Some friends and Mike's family
Miss Anything? Energy.
Movement: Not yet... just my slowly digesting stomach
Baby the size of a: Grape
Food cravings: Saltines for the win!
Anything making you queasy or sick: All the things. ALL OF THEM.
Have you started to show yet: I know it's not my actual bump, but I'm definitely bloating in the right places to make me look pregnant. At this point, I'm not event trying to suck in my gut anymore!
Gender prediction: I still thinks it's a boy... So does Mike, of course.
Bump Nickname: Little nugget
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Having a few more mood swings than before, but I'm okay. I completely LOST IT watching an episode of Gulianna and Bill though, holy cow.
Looking forward to: Seeing my family this weekend and going public with the news!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Kait McClanahan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top